Friday, November 25, 2011

Are couples with kids more or less stressed than couples without kids?

Yes absolutely more stressed... I don't care who you are, how organized, how time efficient, or well managed you are... BABIES %26amp; KIDS DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF IT, DON'T CARE TO UNDERSTAND %26amp; HAVE TIME TABLES %26amp; SPECIAL NEEDS ALL THEIR OWN AND THEY LET YOU KNOW THESE!!! This can take it's toll on parents. Lack of sleep catches up with a parent(s) and can make you more irritable, stressed and cranky then usual. This very well effects the stress level of a couple. The more orgainized, well managed and together the couples work together, eventually creates a routine for the children and eventually they join in on the band wagon of your routine which does make room for much more harmony all the way around!Are couples with kids more or less stressed than couples without kids?
I dont think they are 'more' stressed. I think it is a different stress. We worry about different things than couples without kids.Are couples with kids more or less stressed than couples without kids?
yes, children can be a source of stress. Sometimes more than others. Obviously, couples with kids are more stressed than those without. It's spring break. I have refereed, cooked most of the days, all day.... and looked up to see a grey sock hanging way up in the tree. I didn't recognize the grey sock, and then it dawned on me, it's supposed to be white. (it's still up there)
sweetie that really depends, there is no way to answer for couples other than your own, and on different days that answer would change in all honesty. some days are fine some days are hectic.first its up then its down, kids are a full time job 24/7 no days off no breaks, good luck
if they have a good system, then not necessarily. i am a single mom and have a great system and disipline routine.. I am significantly less stressed then my neighbors who have 2 parents and are what I call in 'family crisis mode' on a daily basis





It depends on the disipline control.. and if they agree on the system they have set out as a copuple
I believe it depends on each and every couples. It depends on communication, the ability to deal with situations, the temporment of the child, and the discipline and respect level in the home.
I think it would totally depend on the people. If they don't have kids, they may be stressed out trying to have them, OR they may be stressed out by other things in their lives, like lots of toys (and the big bills that go with them). Or, like a lady I work with who, with her husband, chose not to have kids, and they are totally happy! Now, people with kids may be stressed out because of ';kid'; related bills, but kids also add a great deal of satisfaction to our lives. Again, would depend on the people and their choices.
I'll speak from my own experience. I dont' know about other people, but I didn't have any idea what was important until I had children. My husband and I waited sort of late to have children. My first was at 27, and my second just this last year at 34. I'm a lot more laid back since becoming a parent, but I had to grow into that. My husband too. I was a nutcase before kids. My life revolved around me, and I was completely self absorbed. I had no compassion for other's and I was cold and humanistic (like a lot of younger people on YahooA). I have no idea how my husband tolerated me so long. Kids have been the best thing to ever happen to me. Mine have tempered me, if that makes sense.
In general, I woud say couples with kids have a much higher stress level than wthout, although the enrichment and enjoyment level of having children is so much more beneficial to your health than the lack of stress experienced by chidless couples.

No comments:

Post a Comment