Saturday, August 21, 2010

Couples with kids - how do you decide not to have any more children?

My dh and I have two children and are both happy but not convinced we don't want anymore. However, I can't imagine planning to have another one anytime soon. BUT, not ready to go the extra step (vasectemy or tubal) and say FOR SURE no more. How do couples make that decision?Couples with kids - how do you decide not to have any more children?
I came to the conclusion like this:





I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish in life, numbered them by importance to me, and crossed them off the list again when I realized I could not do them if I had more babies.





From there on it was easy. I have two boys (25 %26amp; 11), a good marriage, and good income.





I decided my body was mine again and that I did not want anymore babies. My husband accepted my decision without gripe. He told me whatever I decided was fine him as he did not have to volunteer his body for a pregnancy.





Right after I had my 2nd. child I made it final and I have never regretted it.Couples with kids - how do you decide not to have any more children?
if your hands are too full now, and you feel like you dont have the energy to raise another... or you are just content where you or at, when you know, you know... you might want to look into it, but I heard that vasectomies can be undone (though it is expensive) if you dont want to take that route, try birth control pills, or something to prevent another lil surprise!
Uh, I have 3 and I'm still not sure. I guess once you start having kids, that's always on your heartstrings...even if you know it's not timely or can't afford to. Only you can answer that :)
The bottom line is to have only the number of children you can mentally, physically and financially afford. Children are precious gifts, we should not have them simply because we can. I have a student whose mother just had her sixth kid, he's on free lunch and this parents are making more kids, Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment