Saturday, August 21, 2010

Have you ever gone on a ';couples retreat'; and what did you learn?

I'm talking about going on an organized seminar-type thing with other couples. I am curious about what people learn and if it benefits their relationship.Have you ever gone on a ';couples retreat'; and what did you learn?
I did this with my husband before we got married. Each is different. We goofed about it beforehand but once we were there we took it seriously. They would have a topic that the leaders would discuss, the group would discuss and then they would split the couples up. We had a journal that we used to answer some questions or write down thoughts. Then we got with our partner and discussed the answers. It brought us closer, we discussed some things like fertility, taking care of our parents in elder care situation, and even sex and fighting. There were lots of things I just assumed, but it was good to be forced to get these things out on the table. We walked away feeling slightly silly, but having a great bonding experience talking about things you don't normally talk about.Have you ever gone on a ';couples retreat'; and what did you learn?
What you learn depends on who you go with. If you go with your church you will learn all about what God teaches about a man and a woman being married. I have been on several of these and we have learned everything from how God wants us to manage money, respect for each other, how to date our spouses, sex, parenting, worshiping together and how to talk to your spouse. I love going to them. Hubby and I go atleast once a year.
Yes me and my wife have attended a few retreats and it shows you how to interact with your significant other better and also makes both of you more united. Go for it try it out and then come back and tell us what you got from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment